Honda Accord Windows Opening When Car is Locked

Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 04:30 PM about the 2012 Honda Accord

I have come back to my 2012 Honda Accord several times to find the window partially
opened.  It's usually all four windows, although once it was just one window.  I have been
triple checking to make sure they are closed completely when I lock the car so I know it's
not just an oversight.  Is this an electric problem?  Window problem?  Lock problem?

205

Upper end models have this option. If you hold the the unlock button on remote all the windows will roll down.

117,895

Some cars and I believe yours is one of them if you push and hold either the lock or unlock button on the key fob ( not sure which one) it will cause the windows to go down. Some users reporting that they have similar issue caused by the fob being pressed while in thier pocket causing the windows to go down.

117,895

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWrpcDAalLs -- check this out

680

I experienced the same problem today. I locked my Honda Accord 2015 and pressed the lock button on the remote for about 3 seconds from about 10 feet away. When I returned several hours later I found all windows including the sunroof half open. I want to eliminate this option. What I would to do something like that. Please advised. Thanks

200

Yes just tried it on my 2012 accord. Press the unlock once to unlock driver door and twice to unlock all doors, but if you continue to hold it down the windows will open and also the sunroof. Is this normal or a problem with the main computer? Question is how to turn it off? My wife accidentally did this today while shopping.

120

My 2013 Honda Accord just started doing this. My wife is Colorado Springs, CO and has both fobs. She is afraid of locking herself out of the car, as she has in the past. We live in Noblesville, IN and that is where the car is parked at this moment. There is no way that my wife could be pressing the unlock button twice and have the windows roll down. I just do not believe the signal strength would be strong enough to reach from Colorado. Penske Honda told me they would look at it in 2 wks.

50

I have a '13 accord and just found windows and moon roof fully open. Car has been parked 3 days. I have tried to replicate the button pushing scenarios and that does not open everything up. Going to call Honda directly as my service advisor locally is obviously clueless.

30

I drive a Honda Civic 2016. I had the same thing happen to my today. I never pressed my buttons though. I always keep my keys in a purse pocket sperate from everything else. But when I hold the unlock button down the third time everything opens but not all the way...and that's how I found my car! I am nervous it will do this again!

40

2016 Civic. I have had the same problem twice finding the windows down when returning to the car. The Honda dealership and then Honda Customer Service said there is no way to disable this feature. Customer service said it must be something I accidentally did while the keys were in my pocket. Their solution: Don't put key in pocket. I should hang them on my belt! Really? I tried to point out how unlikely it would be to accidentally press the door unlock button in the correct three step sequence needed to open the windows on two separate occasions.

Thanks! This was worrying me making me think I had an electrical problem. Glad it's just something stupid :)

10

Reading all these posts makes me happy (that I'm not the only one) and angry. Why doesn't Honda eliminate this feature?? It has happened to my '16 Accord multiple times already. Last summer I returned from a week-long trip (without car) to discover all windows and the moon roof were open! Amazingly, it hadn't rained and nothing was taken.

10

I wasn't so lucky. car was flooded. Honda Accord is a lemon now. Will never buy this car again.

10

2016 Honda Civic, my wife locked her Car Christmas Eve morning left her keys in her jacket, she was busy with holiday cooking, I went out in the evening to grab an item out of my truck everything was covered in ice, her windows were up, she went out late that evening to find all the windows half open Car soaked with ice and rain, what’s the deal no one had touched her key fob, could the signal from my fob signaled her car ?. This isn’t an uncommon issue, my ford key fob has set off multiple alarms in parking lots and not to mention lock and unlock my grandparents 2006 mercury

We live in Florida and me and,my wife was in Georgia and her windows rolled down and the keys were no where near the car this has happen 7 times now.