new battery ,nothing left on ! Car s dead.

Asked by Dec 04, 2015 at 09:26 AM about the 2011 INFINITI G37

Replaced battery new,car sat for a few days went to start it dead now today
started really slow.I'm in pennsylvania .But I'm worried something else is
going on.Cause old car starts fine.

246,245

Check the battery cable/terminals, and wiring. If they are OK, you have a parasitic draw on the electrical system, It take hours or diagnostic work to find the one circuit causing the issue. Search online for "parasitic Draw" If you are handy with a multimeter and pulling fuses, you might find your issue. Best to have the pro's find it for you.

4,950

Before chasing a parasite try FULLY charging ANY battery...or jump-starting the car and driving a half hour at speed to charge battery. If car won't start NEXT day try a second battery, as some NEW batteries don't hold charges. If SECOND battery fails same way look for a parasitic draw. I just replaced battery in G37x with supposedly "new" one that wouldn't charge, and was finally going to start looking for parasites, but decided to try a second new battery. Annoying, but better than chasing non-existent parasites!

Having similar issues for a while. Replaced starter. Alternator seems fine, battery checks out (it seems) - but still random and intermittent non-starts. Figured it was the starter failing, but it was not. Installed new one, car did fine for a couple weeks, maybe 50 starts, now battery/start failing again. The battery is only a year old but seems to not hold it's charge? I put the jump box on it and quick charge jumps it, and in limited testing when let it charge in the evenings the next morning seems to do well. But when the box is connected it just seems random. Will show fully charged, then I'll press charge again and it will drop to 75%, etc. Thinking it's just not holding charge? It's been tested multiple times and checks out OK. Strange. Seems to charge during my commute to work (45mins) - but a couple quick starts with short drives (like weekends) it begins to fail. Or like yesterday, after drive home, sat all night, did not start this morning. Will try a new battery, hope it works, before chasing draws. 2011 Infiniti M37