what maintenance is needed when mileage 51,250 is reached?

Asked by Jan 14, 2015 at 08:58 AM about the 2011 Volkswagen CC

the check engine came on - vehicle has been driving fine - im not sure if it means its needing a maintenance check

7,755

did you get it scanned at autozone or like parts store if not get it scanned and I will decode for you

Not yet the engine light just turned on, on my commute to work. I will get it checked at Auto Zone. thx

24,805

If you check the owners manual it will give the service intervals and what maintenance needs to be done. For most cars the first major maintenance is at 60,000 miles which should include timming belt, water pump, coolant replacment, oil change, and fluid check or change, ect. You will still need the codes checked to find out what is causing the check engine light.

Best Answer

Thanks Michael - I dont have the manual that's why i asked :) I will look into getting codes and see what its causing it to turn on VW are nice cars just this one i got it used and no history of any maintenance. Never again will i purchase a used car.

24,805

No problem, Try ebay for the owners manual, or contact the dealer where you purchased the car to see if they have the manual for the car. Hopefully the light is something minor and an easy fix.

9,575

normally with a vw or audi you don't have to worry about timing belt till 90,000km. but also to note that all vw engines changed to chain driven timing systems by 2006 and they don't commonly have to be replaced. the serpentine belt tho that runs your car accessory's should be replaced at this interval since it is probably old and decrepid by this point.

9,575

oh and while im thinking of it the idler pulleys and belt tensioners would be good to replace at 90,000km as well since thats about when the bearings start to get worn out and dried out in the vw's

75

Lilly, Go to a VW dealer, they usually have manuals that they can give you for your car. but usually VW's first service is at 40K miles, and that's the basic, then the 60K miles will cost you about 600 as Michael eluded to it will be for your fluids, spark plugs, timing belts/chains or tensioners, water cap, diagnostic of the engine and electrical modules. I did mine at 65K. Every 45-50K miles they also require that you get a transmission service as well, which will be $500 and I am about to do this this week as well. other than that they are great cars if you take care of them. I usually am all against auto zone and all those places as the devices they use doesn't have the proper coding. Always go to a VW dealer, it is their own car and their techs are trained and certified in these cars, after all that's all they work on, VW's and Audi's. Trust me I learned my lesson going to a Valvoline place for an oil change and they totally screwed up my car, cost me 1200 to fix everything at VW. Also, make a habit of putting some oil in the engine every 1000 miles you drive in the city so that your oil level is always where it should be as low oil level could also trigger the engine light to come on.

9,575

You can find much better mechanics at Vw/Audi specialist shops that only specialize in these cars. I recomend finding a good honest garage since most shops that work with these cars only specificly ussaly will give you more indepth info on your car problems then the smiling desk service staff who treat you like you know nothing about your car. The shops are relativly easy to find in google map and i have found roughly a dozen in my area and have found one i can trust as the owner worked for 15 years in vw and now runs his own shop for over 10 years. he always gives me a good run down of the situation when i go there and i always go to him first for an opinion before i take my car in to the vw dealer for warranty work on my new 2012 jetta i jsut bought. All i can say is the 2.5L engines don't like super cold weather.