92 Honda Accord just shut down in midstream while I was driving, what could be wrong?

20

Asked by Aug 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord

Was driving to the gas station and car ran perfect, pulled out of gas station and car ran
perfect but as soon as I was completely pulled out onto the road my 92 Honda Accord
just completely shut down as though I had turned the car off. Air was able to run and
windows still worked, my car was running perfect. I felt the pressure give out in the
gas pedal. Tried to start it and it just turns over but only did that a few times and now it
sounds as though the battery is getting low. Not sure what happened and I was literally
only going like speed of maybe 2 miles and was grateful to have made it out of the gas
station. If anybody knows anything I would appreciate it as I am a lady who doesn't
understand cars but am trying to learn, it only has 128,000 miles on it. Had a tune up
and spark plugs wires everything changed and or checked. Just had the main relay
replacement done from not starting on hot days (last month) so I try to keep the things
up on this car and my brother who was former owner was very good at keeping it
maintained. I just need some help please.  Thank you

58,505

May just be a clogged fuel filter,after you just put gas in steered trash up in tank,or possible fuel pump issue.

20

I wasn't getting gas while at the gas station. But had gas in it already.

58,505

Ok,the way you discribe it is starving for fuel,fuel filter more than likely if car idles, good,just boggs when you give it gas,but if not filter,may be pump.

20

I was unable to get it to start, I turned it over 3 times and it just kept turning over but never started. I checked the air and it still worked and the windows did as well. Since having it towed home I checked it tonight and it almost sounded as though the battery was going to die on me. Not making any sense because I literally only tried to start it 3 times once it stopped and I know enough about a battery that you don't just keep trying to start a car because it is not good for the battery and it will be a dead battery. Thank you for responding to my question.

58,505

You are welcome,have battery charged and check as i said,think you may just have a bad fuel filter

20

I will do that, I just had the battery changed like a year and half ago and they put new things on it that connect to battery so that is why I find it so strange however I do not know cars and only keep them up after I am told what is wrong. I do know how to listen for any changes in my car which I am very aware of but yes I will do as you have suggested. Thank you again and hopefully I will have a fixed car otherwise I am going to be a depressed lady with lots of questions.

2,785

Change the battery! You would be amazed at how bad a weak battery will affect todays cars.