buzz

Asked by Jan 23, 2011 at 12:20 PM about the 1995 Honda Passport

95 honda passport
If you try your blinker and it just makes a buzz sound:
What I found was that the wire bundle coming out of the back of the blinker assembly inside the steering column seems to need strain relief. When I pushed the wires toward the back of the wire connections then it stopped buzzing and the blinking began. I used a zip tie on the left side of the column on the wire near where it makes the last turn to go down the column to keep the strain away from the connection to the blinker assembly and to push the wires toward the assembly.  

95 honda passport If you try your blinker and it just makes a buzz sound: What I found was that the wire bundle coming out of the back of the blinker assembly inside the steering column seems to need strain relief. When I pushed the wires toward the back of the wire connections then it stopped buzzing and the blinking began. I used a zip tie on the left side of the column on the wire near where it makes the last turn to go down the column to keep the strain away from the connection to the blinker assembly and to push the wires toward the assembly.