my 2004 honda pilot will not start. the battery was dead and we jumped it sucessfully in the morning. I let it run about 30 minutes. Then went to start it 4 hours later and nothing even with jumping.

10

Asked by Oct 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM about the 2004 Honda Pilot

my 2004 honda pilot will not start. the battery was dead and we jumped it sucessfully in the morning. I let it run about 30 minutes. Then went to start it 4 hours later and nothing even with jumping. when I turned the key the gages would all flutter. Went and bought a new battery and the horn started going off and wouldn't stop. My neighbor removed the horn fuse to get it to stop.  Now nothing. The front lights won't even light. Thae steering wheel won't turn. Please help!

OK. The horn is probably an alarm, possibly the 'panic' going off or vandal/theft alarm when new battery was installed and the fuse thing..if he (she)? started pulling fuses arbitrarily looking for the horn, 1) the horn fuse will disable more than just the horn and 2) did the fuses get put back properly? Proper amperage fuse in proper place? If not, a low-amp fuse may have been put where a higher one is needed and that's not so bad, just blow fuse again...50 cents fix,..but.especially if, say, a 30-amp fuse got put where a 5 is called for, that can cause real problems. The gauges fluttering does not sound good. The steering wheel not turning may be because the chip in the key is not sending the right signal to the ignition, all these fuse issues, enabling an anti-theft system. I bet you can't get it out of Park either. There are fuses, and there are other fuses/circuit breakers for the "brain', the ICM, headlights (headlights do not have a regular fuse with the rest of them, it is a breaker to prevent total failure of lights, causing an accident if you suddenly can't see jack.) Look at the diagram on the cover of the fuse box and check, one by one, a tedious process, that each fuse in each socket is good and the right amperage. Then have alternator tested.

10

going out to check the fuses now. NO I cant get it out of park.

4,625

was the battery put in correctly?

110

Well I'm sick of all the electrical issues I've been having with my pilot. It started with a key issue and I had to have the key box replaced. Since keys didn't match doors I have 2 keys I have to use. I have the same problem you did. I had a hard time getting it into gear from park. It happened when my brake light went out and the lamp light on the dash was on. People thought I was crazy when I insisted there was a connection. Sure enough after replacing the light bulb it was back to normal.

110

Now I have a whole new issue if some one can advise me. My car was dead this morning. After a jump the alarm went off. After I unlocked the doors for my son it went off again and lovely driving down the street with it going off. It stopped again and when he opened door to get out at baseball game it went off again . So the locks and opening the doors make it go off what can I do ? Him just sitting in the car and he will probably have to crawl through the window after his game so embarrassing I really hate this csr

110

Just learned that if your crazy pilot alarm is going off after a jump you need to stick the key in door to lock unlock car NOT the remote one. The key in the door is the trick to stopping this madness

110