I own a 1971 super beetle with a 1969 engine. It was hit from the rear when i purchase it. After numerous part replacement I was finally able to start it only to find a river of oil flowing out under the shroud. After closer inspection I found the mount where the oil cooler sits had one of the tangs broken off. What suggestions might you have for a repair? My thoughts are to tap the oil holes and place brass flow throu fittings then attach a after market oil cooler to the shroud in front of the fan. How does that sound to you?

Asked by Apr 08, 2012 at 07:11 PM about the 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle

Thank you REDNECK73 but the situation is that I have already removed the shroud and the oil cooler, it attaches directly to the engine block. With the broken tang there is no way to reattach the oil cooler to the block, and all the oil goes through the cooler. The next problem is when I drag the cats litter box under the car and fill it with oil the darn cat walks around the house with oily feet and leaves his prints on the carpet and everything. But I appericate your answer, thank you.