1998 Ford Escort- Computer burnt right out

Asked by Jan 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM about the 1998 Ford Escort

The mechanic put the ingntion  coil module in and the car still doesnt run. There  is a burning smell in the car of rubber..( the car was stolen  a few years ago and the  theives kept turning the alarm off and on so that I wouldnt  hear it.  it had a remote for  theft alarm on it not to start it ) Then the remote was lost and the alarm was never disabled, ( I had forgotten  to   tell the mechanic (he isnt. ford  mechanic) Would that cause the computer to burn out? "Papa" where are you? help!

hay,u never said the car had been stolen,no way to tell what they did to it,the rubber smell is the wireing insulation melting,hate to say this,you got big problems going on with it,sell it to a junkyard before it catches on fire it will happen,sounds now like the whole wireing harness is melting down.

damed I didnt make a claim at the time on it as my x told me that the insurance would go up! GRRR! So the wiring covering is burning.. all of it? From where papa? So there is no hope for this Ford?

right nothing else i can think of,once you start smelling rubber burning,it is just a matter of time befor the wires are exposed and tuch each other and start shorting out other things leading to fire,you should get your x to buy you another car,insurance would have totled it,because of year modle,they would have replaced the car.so sorry.

yes me too..I t took 2 years to blow uup to this point.. The car had had about 3000 work done on it since it was abused 2 years ago why the computer went now 2 years later?

Now its under a claim as was rear ended on Dec 10th 2011, 1200 damage to bumper.. What shoud I do with that ask for the money? Willl they give it to me under the circumstances? I have bodily injuires from the Dec 10 rearender> it was scheduled to be fixed on Feb 7th at body shop. I am claiming under Sechedule B for back damage.

since you got rearended ,their insurance co,should be resonsable for all damages and injuirers.did u call police at time of acident,get the other persons name, ins co name.