Stall Issue on 1998 Ford Escort ZX2

Vocast
0

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM about the 1998 Ford Escort 2 Dr ZX2 Cool Coupe

I have a manual 1998 Ford Escort ZX2, and a couple months ago i had to replace the alternator (an oil
leak through the valve cover gasket). While replacing it I decided to replace the serpentine belt, fuel
and air filters, spark plugs, and obviously a new gasket. Since then, the car runs fine but when I'm in
neutral (or have the clutch in) and accelerate the car will stall. This only happen in first gear or if i'm
just revving the engine in neutral. Also if In like bumper to bumper traffic when i have to ride the
clutch, give it a little gas and then push the clutch in the rpms will drop really low and nearly stall, and
if i do this more then once it will stall (once again this is only in first or neutral though). I know very
little about engines and any insight would be appreciated, Thanks!

No offense Vocast, but I had to read that a few times to try to get it. I still don't actually. You say when you accelerate in neutral or have the clutch in, it stalls,,or almost stalls. Makes no sense. Sorry friend I think we have a language barrier going on. However, I can pick up on I think you have a fuel flow issue. Go to a parts store, if you can, and have the OBD codes read, it has OBDII, no port in cabin. If you don't mind me asking..where are you?

Vocast
0

Sorry about the confusion. I moved from Munich to the U.S. in 2009 so my English is still pretty bad. Essentially what I meant is that the car will stall rev the engine in neutral.

Your English is not all that bad, I hear it is very difficult to learn as 2nd language. and no apology necessary. Anyway, I still stick to my response, go to a large chain parts store and tell them you have OBDII and write down the codes and come back here. I still say something to do with fuel flow..change filter to begin with

If I moved to Munich today in 2017 I would only know sprechen sie Deutich