ML triton squeeky suspension

Asked by Jul 08, 2010 at 08:46 PM about the 2008 Mitsubishi Triton

anyone have this problem. When driving along the rear springs (I think) squeak very loudly. Mitsubishi dealer says there is a fix for it so I suppose they know its a (annoying) problem. Wonder if the fix is under warranted?

10

I recently purchase a 2011 L200 triton and have the same issue, would really like to know if there's a fix, I've only driven 789km, so the truck is very new, any news on a fix?

25

umm it should be cause it shouldnt be a usuable object?

its the grease between the suspension plate that has been used up- Due to the truck height when riding in wet and dry condition, the grease gets wash away-I had the same problem and when i brought my truck to the garage, they fix it by applying a lot of grease-

10

Hey Mark, I found and repair the issue with the squeaking suspension. the problem is caused when the rubber / plastic inserts between the spring leafs are worn out, I got dome replacement inserts clean the area and install, that did it! I have been helping others solve this issue, I think based on the road conditions the original inserts wear quickly.

10

Its the rubber bushings on the bolts that hold the leaf springs in place... Also the rubber bushings that are apart of the exhaust suspension.