Triton 2.4 Dual fuel wont fire up

Asked by Mar 20, 2010 at 03:34 PM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Triton

Two days ago my Triton gave a few splutters and stopped.... much the same as running out of fuel. It will not start again on gas or fuel.

I have changed the fuel filter and replaced the fuel pump. I found there was no power getting to the pump so I set up a temporary positive line from my tail lights to the fuel pump. The pump is working but the motor wont fire.

Plenty of fuel to the rails.

Plugs and leads are good.

Cant find a specific fuse for the fuel pump but all fuses are OK.

HELP.... where to from here???

20

have you checked the timing?

check ecm and pcm fuse,the ignition modgle may be bad,causeing a no spark.