I have a 1974 newport, I have a drain on my battery, Its in my, when I pull the brake fuse it's gone

Asked by Apr 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM about the 1974 Chrysler Newport

I disconected the neg battery terminal and inserted a test light, it was on so I pulled fuses till it went out, its my brake light fuse, I checked the switch on the pedal and it seems to be fine, so I disconected the rear light harness at the drivers side kick panel and I still have a drain. Im sure the problem is under the dash its really busy under their. If anyone can give me a place to start so I can solve this I would be a very happy man, Thank you

555

Hello, I would start from positive rear brake lights cables to the front. But I think you'll end up fixing a short under the dash. Then I'd check cable from the fuse box to the brake switch to probably find it there.