I have a 1989 cutlass ciera olds L 3.3 6 cylinder and it will not start

Asked by Nov 06, 2013 at 04:58 PM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

I have change the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and battery, gassed it up and it will
not start. Any suggestions on why it wont start? It ran fine at first it sat for three years and
now it won't start back up, I'm confused.   Can you help me please to resolve this situation
Thanks in advance Terry

yes...as usual the Black battery cable (1/0awg) that comes from the battery clamp and goes to ?....this spot where the cable meets the chassis is an important one not only serves the 300 plus requirement of the starter motor, but also supplies the delicate needs of the ECU~....starter relay need a solid 12+ volts or it will not engage the ignition system....so make friends with your coarse wirebrush and clean the stuff off the terminal and ground (*the stuff) is parts of lug and frame...dis-similar metals welding themselves in a blue flame)~

Best Answer