'61 Pontiac Laurentian Value

10

Asked by Aug 27, 2011 at 12:22 AM about the 1961 Pontiac Laurentian

I have a 1961 Laurentian with 19,000 miles on it.  It is in PERFECT condition.  Everything is
original even the white wall tires.  Its a 6 cylinder.  4 doors absolutely NO damage its just
like new .  I have been trying to find out how much its worth and I cannot get any info.  
Was wondering just how rare this car is and where would be the best place to sell it.  Any
information would be helpful...Thanks

10

Here are some pictures.

10

Sorry I dont know how to upload a group of pictures.

10

The rear

10

The front

10

The interior.

WOW,NICE RIDE.even being a 4 door wont affect value,this car is rare,doubt their is no more than 10 left,none in that condition.put it on E bay or run it in your local paperit should bring $8 to $10 grand to the right person.

3,055

too bad it's a 4 door ! a 2 door is much more desirable & it looks better, however the car is in nice shape but it's one of those cars that you would have to find somebody that appreciates it . It's not a very popular model. As far as it being rare ,I already found 3 of them on this site alone ,so I doubt if it's that rare. It's a family car from the early 60s , and there were probably thousands of them & like most family cars from the 60s they became cars of the 70s,lol. when they wore out people junked them.Plus it's a canadian car which really makes it hard to find parts for it. If you're gonna sell it you can get between $5,000 & $7500.

I owned one . It is a Canadian car but getting parts in the US was never a problem. Just go to a Chevrolet dealer. Most Chev parts were the same as the Canadian Pontiac.

1,185

The brake lamps are the same as the American Catalina, and the side trim is the same as the American Star Chief. The only tricky parts may be the front fenders. I grew up with one of these, and I would LOVE to have it. There are not many left, that's for sure. That said, a few years back one of my Grandmother's friends decided to stop driving, and sold her 40,000 mile Laurentian 2 door sedan. Hers had power steering and brakes. Her asking price was $5,000 Canadian. What it sold for, I don't know. You may try eBay with a reserve that is your bottom line acceptable price. Good luck.

1,185

I notice, too, that the rear bumper is damaged, and that will have an affect on the price. Also, just so you know, the white walls are the wrong width. 61 Pontiac was one of the first cars to come with the narrower white strip tires. They were about an inch wide. I would also take much better pictures of it, inside, outside, and from all angles. The Pontiac dog dish hubcaps are pretty rare, too.