in need of info for my 1961 pontiac laurentian 2 door.

Asked by May 27, 2012 at 03:29 PM about the 1961 Pontiac Laurentian

i have a 1961 pontiac laurentian 2 door that i am currently trying to rebuild.
would just like to know if anyone may know of some sources where replacment body panels are
available. have been searching for a long while with no luck.
would also like to know the rarity of this car, seen as i have only seen one other

the firewall tag is as followes.
style       7511
body no  75684
paint       N
trim         912

any info you may have would be appreciated.

Nice car ! isn't that the same as a lemans ? try amesperf.com or hemmings.com

4,575

Your car is a Canadian Pontiac, which means it has a Chevy frame and drivetrain. Those parts are most similar to the Bel Air. The body trim parts are similar to the Catalina (grille, bumpers, quarters) but that's about where the similarity ends. Ames is a great source but they will not be able to help you much with this one. I would contact Pontiac Historical Services to see if they can do the basic research for you - well worth it - and then look for a Canadian Pontiac club to source parts. Good luck... that's an awesome ride, unique and very cool.

3,185

what panels are you looking for , quarters? hemmings.com is good for hard to find parts, ames might have some . 55 - 76 full size pontiac catalog.

20

GM Canada can answer the rarity questions, i believe there were approx 1872 Laurentians built in 61. Mine is 1 of 125 with the 6 cylinder 3 on the tree,2 door post with Canopy roof, painted Honduras Maroon. The only one i have seen other than online. I ordered a lot of parts for 1961 Biscayne.I would try to find a donor car your parts, there are still quite a few 4 doors out there in good shape

10

I have a sedan 1961 model in great shape. I even have the manuel book. the car has got very low mileage, 56501 on the clock. The car is all round origanol with a 283 V8 small block engine. I had the motor overall and gave it a nice respray with a white top. I belief that I have the only one in South Africa left.

10