Looking for a photo for my profile that makes me look like a smart brunette car problem knowing gal lol :) Having issues with the locking workings of my Ford explorer 200 4 door has always had some kinda issues but manageable now is unacceptably locking my passengers in

275

Asked by Jan 17, 2014 at 12:58 AM about the 2000 Ford Explorer

my keylock entry has always had to be keyed numericly my key usually doesnt make a difference to open driver door... my passenger seat never gets ridden in it is my office and peace of mind free from hands voices movement phones and all that so i rarely unlok by hand or use it the back passenger i keep off limits too seesing as i can usually play thier combination and get them open nicely when the car feels need lol but my back passenger its the "door" my daughter has had no prob unloking for 3 yrs..... sure its a cple trys but gives right in mostly however i have had a few new passengers and so she is just sticking appearing like she shall open and then nope and this is very fustrating where ahall i start i have replaced door lock knobs wich might i add are hard to fing real metal these days everything was plastic novelty :( lol but im a great finder of things lol help thanks Ms. Minister Thomas

210,185

So trying to read your question, I have to ask a few. So the passenger side doors sometimes open, sometime not? When getting in and out. Does it seem the door latch itself is stuck, and or the door lock doesn't unlock (actuator)? Look inside the door, there should be a child safety lock switch. Move that back and forth, maybe that is causing your issue since it could be sticking?

15,360

I really cannot make heads or tails of what you are trying to convey. Allow me to ask: When you depress the button to unlock the doors, does one of the locks not unlock? If so, does it appear to jiggle when the button is presses? If you hit it a couple of times does it then unlock? If that is the problem then changing the actuator is not simple. On many many occassions I have been able to remove the door panel and flood the actuator with WD 40 to remove crud, and I mean a lot of it, that builds up and makes it stick.