dash replacement.

50

Asked by Jul 04, 2011 at 08:37 PM about the 1994 Dodge Viper

Paint is coming off the dash. what is the best options for fixing it. How hard is it to
remove, and refinish it?

395

Depending on what type of car and what part you want to take off will tell you how difficult a project will be. I took the dash pad off my 97 Trans am and spray glued leather onto it so it would match my dash. Removal is the hardest part. Then just sand the whole area, primer and get a can of spray paint that matches the interior. Probably take you 1 to 2 hours.

50

It is a 94 Dodge Viper!! Not sure how to remove the dash on this model. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if there is a paint code for the dash. It is an odd texture. Thank you for responding!!!

395

Ohh, wow nice car. I have no experience with those cars unfortunately. You want to remove the whole dash correct? I think a service manual may tell you how. If not, I have seen people cover their whole car in newspaper except for the part of the dash they want to paint and literally just spray their dash. I will try to find the website.

655

i wouldnt use regular spray pain on a viper, a guy i get alot of my parts from rebuilt a 3rd gen camaro recently and was ranting and raving about this paint he uses. im not positive on the brand but its for interior and its made to look like that textured vynle look and ive seen it in real life and did not belive him that it wasnt origonal. i know its not cheap but neither is the viper and he also claims its very hard to chip ill try and get the company name for you