94 Shadow Check Engine Light

Asked by Sep 16, 2010 at 07:57 PM about the 1994 Dodge Shadow

I have a DTC 11 no distributor reference signal code on my Shadow, I was driving it on the hwy and it all of sudden shut off and will not restart, the Haynes books says to check the cicuit between the distributor and the computer, can someone break it down for me

15

i have same problem in the past and i have to change my computer. this probleme i have on my 1986 and on my 1991 in july 2009. it's easy to find in junkyard. question this problem it's just on the highway?

15

i find this: DTC 11 is "IGN reference signal" which means that no distributor reference signal was detected during engine cranking. DTC 11 usually indicates a bad Crankshaft Position sensor (CKP), bad PCM or a problem in the CKP circuit.

Thinking that this was an electrical/PCM problem, I forgot to check the obvious, and forgot the basics of Spark, Air and Fuel, I got this car for $400 with 180,000 miles I changed everything except the timing belt, and so when I had my son crank over the engine the distributor was not moving I then knew what it was, but then not knowing if it was an interferrence engine or not I held my breath until I found out it was NOT an interference engine, $17.99 and about 5 hours of work, the Shadow is on the road now.