1993 Dodge Shadow No Crank

Asked by Feb 04, 2009 at 10:07 PM about the 1993 Dodge Shadow 2 Dr ES Hatchback

1993 Dodge Shadow 2.5L, MT. I bought the car yesterday. Idled rough, but ran okay at speed. I drove it 50 miles home with no significant incidences. Once I was home, the car idle fluctuated. I went to a junkyard and replaced the fuel pressure regulator. I went to start it but cranked too slow to start. I replaced the battery. Went to start it again and now it does not crank. It tries to crank but all I get is a clunk. Fuel pump is primed and I have fuel at the throttle body. I am stumped.

235

sounds like you have a bad ground....if it cranked before replacing battery, than you must not have got your ground tight enough or a ground wire not hooked up.

I don't think that is the problem. When I turn the key to start, the starter engages; however, a loud clunk is heard with no crank. It seems like it wants to turn but is seized up or something.