Why does my 84 blazer not run well first thing in the morning but after it has been run for a while and kicks out a black smoke from the exhaust it runs fine?

Asked by Feb 19, 2007 at 05:17 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

I have a 1984 chevy s10 blazer and It seems like I am having a vacuum problem.  The vehicle will not run well first thing in the day and acts like it hardly has any power.  Once this happens I stop and put it in park and rev the engine until a thick black, powdery smoke comes out of the exhaust.  After this happens it runs fine.  Does any one know what I can do to fix this problem?

17,635

Hello, You may want to check your temperature sending unit. This might help it adapt to the cold starting a bit better. Best of luck! CarGrrl

35

I think that the carb is running too rich, get it tuned to lean it out a little more and you should be alright. It also could be a Catylic Converter problem, they do seem to run better once the cat heats up. It may be clogged.