2002 dodge intrepid 2.7

Asked by Jul 16, 2016 at 05:57 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid

I got a P0016 code and replaced both the cam and
crank shaft sensors...... The problem im having is
when i go to accelerate it bogs down.... It drives
real nice and shifts real good... You just cant punch
it...

11,390

The problem can be the sensors themselves, or even the wiring to them, there could be a short in one or both of them if they have rubbed on something. extremely dirty oil or the use of the wrong viscosity of oil can also cause the code, but less likely the problem. also, the timing gear can be worn and out of alignment. I would start by checking the wiring to the sensors.

Best Answer

Nothing seems to be wrong with the wireing or the timing....... How about the cruise control.... I noticed while in park i can turn on the cruise control and see the cruise light... But when in drive in wont turn on....

Ok... Never mind on the cruise control..... How about a cracked block? Would that be the reason i cant punch it....... When you rev the engin in park itll rev then bog out like there is air geting somewhere.... I have checked all the air filters and stuff like that.... I think.....

11,390

If you had a cracked block, you would have problems well beyond not being able to "punch it". Time to seek professional help.