Please help I need heat in my car!

20

Asked by Oct 28, 2015 at 09:53 PM about the 2001 Ford Taurus

Okay, when I turn on the heat (not the defrost) in my 2000 ford Taurus my ac compressor turns on and I get freezing cold air coming out. I removed the fuse that is connected to it (fuse only running the ac relay) but still cold air is coming out. So far I have replaced my thermostat, topped up my coolant, checked my blend door (it works), and replaced my blower motor resistor and still cold air. I have a little girl and really need hear in my car, if someone has an idea I would be grateful for your help.

61,445

Amy,seems like you have replaced most of the things that would cause this,the only other thing would be a stopped up heater core,there two little hoses a back of engine that run into fire wall going to heater core,if one is warm when car warms up and not both,it will be the heater core,but if both get warm,it will be the blend door actuator not opening.

20

Thanks for your quick reply! Both hoses are warm and I have no leaks or condensation indicating a problem with the heater core. Is the blend door actuator the name of the mechanism under the dash that runs the blend door? If it is I have pulled that apart and made sure it is working too. Thanks again for responding :)

61,445

Yes it is the blend door actuator,can you here it flip the door open,because if both hoses are warm that would be the problem,some of them you here turning but are not moving the door,have seen this alot in fords.

61,445

Pic

61,445

And if you are 100% sure it is working,check the plastic cog it goes into box,they will break away from door sometimes.

20

Yes, I actually called in my dad for that one and we both believe it's working. You could never really hear the blend door in this car so we took most of it apart to make sure. I'm coming to the conclusion this may be an electrical issue related to the heating knobs on the dash :/

61,445

If you remove it take a quarter inch rachet and put down in slot and turn it by hand.This will answer the problem.