2003 Neon fuel is pouring out the tailpipe while running. The injectors were replaced, didn't help.

Asked by Dec 05, 2015 at 08:48 PM about the 2003 Dodge Neon

If it is running while doing this, I doubt it is gas. The motor would not run. I am sure it is just condensation from the exhaust. It clears up once the motor and exhaust warm up threw normal driving.

Thanks for your time, Rowefast. We caught some in a glass. Gave it the smell and taste test. It's definitely gasoline. He ran a compression test. Got 3 @ 135 and 1 @85. Could a sticky or burned exhaust valve do it?

What you need to do now is a wet test. Squirt oil into the cylinder a fair amount, and check compression again. If the compression comes up, then it is in the rings. If the compression does not come up, stays pretty much on the low side, then it is in the valves.

Thanks, Yeah, that's what I suggested to by buddy who owns it. I'm still trying to relate that to the fuel issue, If the rings are shot, he'll have more decisions to make.