Production Number of the 1950 Mercury Monterey?

Asked by May 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM about the 1950 Mercury Monterey

Hi Folks,
        I own a restored 1950 Mercury Monterey w/ all the toys installed, I've often wondered how many Ford produced that year. I've been told 1 per dealer back then was built and could be traded around by dealers. The number of 952 units of this Monterey was bantered about, but can anyone show me an article or book this number can be found in?      Thanks,
                                                  Lane Etheredge

Hi, I've owned a 50 Montery since 1989. When I bought it in Minn., I was the third owner, and car had 43k miles on it. It had the trunk and hood shaved, but I have all of the emblems. Other than that it is stock. I have seen figures from 8oo( said to originate from a man who made the special parts, steering wheel, etc.,) to Mid Century Merc's number of an estimated 2000 produced. Hope this helps. Bill Nelson

10

Do you still have the emblems? Surfacedesign06@gmail.com