i have a 80 928. im getting good fuel pressure to the injectors and i have good spark but the car still wont run.

10

Asked by Jul 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM about the 1979 Porsche 928

if I keep giving it starting fluid it will run. checked the fuses and all seem to have power.  I not sure how to check the injector pulse I don't see an electrical connector on any of them
if I had to guess at it I don't believe my injectors are firing. need help in the right direction from here.  thanks for all that have been helping me......

93,095

If I remember correctly you have the old air door system, you need to remove the air filter unit to gain access to the air door unit, look it over carefully for dirt in the air flap valve assembly and clean it up with a good plastic safe cleaner, after a good cleaning the flap valve should move very easily as this is the only way the injection unit has to regulate fuel flow to the injectors, it looks more complicated that is really is but dirt can really mess it up. Hope this has helped.

945

You can test injector pulse with a test light small screw driver on the alligator side and place it across the injector plug pointed test light side in one small driver in other Franck the car over it should flash Do a few ramdom No pulse no Franck sensor signal pulse. Bad injector or no fuel

1,680

Using a long screwdriver, you can put the blade on the injector and the handle pressed into your ear. If you have a clicking noise the injector is getting a pulse. Or simply use a test probe in the injector wire to see if it is getting pulse. Some of the first models had a mechanical injection pump with steel lines to the injectors. This is a complicated unit, way beyond what most of us can fix. Try calling 781 344 1029 and ask for Kevin, he can fix any 928, tell him Steve Smith recommended him to you.