ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO YOU ANSWERED A QUESTION FOR A MAN THAT OWNED A 80 928 PORSCHE WITH RUNNING PROBLEMS I TOO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM .AS LONG A I GIVE IT STARTING FLUID IT RUNS IF I STOP IT STOPS. GOOD PUMP AND PRESSURE

10

Asked by Jul 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM about the 1980 Porsche 928

CAR HAS GOOD PUMP PRESSURE . AS LONG AS I KEEP GIVING IT FUEL IT WILL
RUN. JUST WONT RUN ON IS OWN

237,165

Did you measure the pressure with a fuel guage? You might have enough to start, but not enough to keep it running. So I'd say you have a weak fuel pump, clogged filter or a bad fuel pressure regualtor. This will get you started.

Best Answer
1,680

Are you saying it runs only when spraying starting fluid into the intake? If that's the case, your fuel injectors may not be getting fuel. I'd change the fuel filter first then check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If fuel pressure is OK , then check for an electronic pulse at one or two fuel injectors. If no pulse, you could have a bad crank position sensor or even a bad ecu.