My heater is blowiing cold air HELLLPP

Asked by Oct 22, 2008 at 08:21 AM about the 2003 Chrysler 300M

JUST RECENTLY IT STARTED GETTING COLD ENOUGH  TO USE MY HEATER PROBLEM IS IT;S ONLY BLOWING COOL AIR IT WARMS UP WHILE I DRIVE BIT AS SOON AS I SLOW DOWN FOR A STOP SIGN ETC ETC IT COOLS DOWN NOT TO MENTION IT HAS NO HEAT WHAT SO EVER WHEN PARKED  PLEASE GIVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

45

can't help ya i have the same problem with my 2000 pontaic bonneville SSEI , but it has dual climax control and the driver side blows warm and the passenger side blows cold , i think its a themostat at least i hope thats all it is ! any suggestions anyone?

1,205

Have you got Coolant in the Radiator? Low collant levels will cause cold hair to blow through the vents becuase there isn't enough warm coolant getting into your heater core. So it will just drag cold air in from outside. Check the Radiator before you start your car next. (DO NOT CHECK IT WHILE THE ENGINE IS WARM! or you'll be making a trip to the hospital ;) ) That, or your thermostat might be stuck... but on a car that new... I would hope not...

80

Definately sounds like a coolant transfer issue. Either no coolant or the thermostat is not working correctly. I would have the thermostat changed and the system flushed. Also, make sure they purge the system of air as this can cause engine overheats. I've also read on a couple of other message boards that the radiators fail often on these cars. I own a 300m and am going to change mine out due to a leak on the passenger side of the radiator.

260

I have a Chrysler 300M had the thermostat fixed on it,change coolant, put antifreeze in it and it still blows cold air what could it be other than those thanks

30

I got 99 Chrysler lhs the heater blowing cold air what's the problem you no

It's your cooling fans when they go out the hot air will turn cold. When you are driving the temp drops from the wind entering the radiator from the front grill of your car

low coolant causes no heat at idle or blockage in cooling system.

10

Just ran into the same problem with my 2004 300M, after installing a new battery. Online research reveals that it is probably the automatic temperature control actuator that is not opening the vents for the warm air to enter.