2005 Chevy Optra - put in new battery - alarm keeps going off ?

Asked by Aug 05, 2013 at 05:20 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

Rob Wayman

Does the car originally have a keyless entry if so locking the doors with the switch on the inside will make the alarm go off when you open it with the key. If you lock it with your key then you should have no issues.

Horn Problem

Mick Stewart

I had this problem with a customer's car at work the other day. Phone the dealer and ask to speak to the head technician, explain to him what happens and ask him if their is a reset sequence for the alarm. The sequence could involve things that seem completely stupid like opening a door, opening a window and closing a door, turning on the side lights through the open window andlocking the cat door with the key 5 times... I know how stupid all this sounds, i thought the guy on the other end of the phone was taking the piss!