i have a 62 falcon 2-door that i'mrepairing for my sons first car. the previous owner had the door open and backed up and a tree caught the door and bent it back with the usual crease down the door. of course the door does'nt shut right now. what do you think happened? bent door hinge pin maybe.the hinges themselves look alright. has anyone had to fix something like this. needless to say i'm not a bodyguy just someone not scared to give it a try. thanks

Asked by Jul 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM about the 1962 Ford Falcon

108,845

Did that once to a truck door. Turned out that the pillar the hinges hooked to on the body of the truck was bent slightly. Could not even really see that mine was bent. Might want to take a close look at where the hinges attach. On door and body.

85

Wow! Hope your son appreciates what you're doing with this; that he's had enough of a background from you, to take great care of such a beautiful gift! To get it absolutely correct, if you've never done body work yourself, you're best to get a free estimate from a body shop, and have them show you exactly what's wrong, and where; show the points, on their itemized list. If it's something you can fix? Great! If not, then you know where to go, to get it done.

10

I did the exact thing backing i to my garage a few weeks ago, got a real nice crease towards the front of the door. The hinges were still perfect. Pretty thick metal to bend or break. Had to have the crease in the door worked out and the body shop had to align the door. When i got it back the door looked perfect but i had to adjust the hang of the door cause the lock had been moved and was very hard to open. Just have to have the door repaired or find a donor door