I had to replace the ignition switch in my 1961 Ford Falcon. There are 4 wires that go inside the back of my old ignition switch that I don't know what poles to connect them to in the back side of my new switch. Any idea?

Asked by Apr 02, 2014 at 10:16 PM about the 1961 Ford Falcon

1961 Ford Falcon replacing the ignition switch- the old one has 4 wires, a thicker yellow,
red with gray stripe, black and red with green stripe going into the back of ignition.  The
new switch has 4 poles in the back and I don't know what color wire goes into which pole
in the new switch.

33,795

Just a wild guess BUT I think be in the same position as on your old switch. Think about it. That would match the order of operation that the old switch did.