I have a 1960 Ford Falcon I'm trying to remove the drivers door handle from.

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 02:24 PM about the Ford Falcon

I have removed the door panel for easier access, I have a special door pin remover, but can not find the curved pin behind the door handle. There is a spring behind the handle but no pin. What can I do to remove the handle?

7,075

Some of these door handles are held in place with "pins" that are removed with needle nose pliers. Does you car have what is called a "Escutcheon plate" were the center (under the handle) can be pushed in to reveal the pin you need to remove.

305

Go to any auto parts store and look in the HELP section They make a special tool for removing the spring clip. You slide it in from the knob side, above the plastic escutcheon, and push, rock it back and fourth, it will release the clip. Careful, sometimes they shoot out. To reinstall the handle, push the clip back into the small groove (you will see it) and align it on the spline, then whack it with the back of your hand, it will pop right back on