1962 Falcon window crank handle removal help

Asked by Nov 14, 2010 at 08:57 AM about the 1962 Ford Falcon

I recently bought the window crank handle removal tool and am trying to remove the
handle to replace the plastic handle knobs.  I can't for the life of me figure out how
to use the tool to remove the handle.  Any help would be appreciated.

the tool must be inserted underneath the handle side itself - that is where the notch is, which will allow the tool to engage with the spring. Just wiggle it a bit until you feel it slip into the notch, the "forks" should appear slightly on the other side of the base of the window crank.

Thanks Mike. I'll give it another try. I am assuming that once it is in the slot which holds the spring that I would need to pull the handle out and away from the door. I have tried it a couple of times, but am hestitant to put too much pressure so I don't break something internal to the window mechanism. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

After numerous fails,with the crazy gadget I bought,I simply yanked a choke cable out of one of my parts cars,cut the wire to 6 inches long,and bent a hook on the end..Works like a charm,for getting handle-clips off...

Needle nose pliers work best to take them off and put them back on with.