My car is feeling slow like it's not boosting up right away somebody told me it could be my mass airflow sensor what should I do first

Asked by Dec 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM about the 1986 Buick Grand National

read the diagnostic OBD-II report...that will tell us where to begin~

you can ask at NAPA or advance auto parts or anyone to come out to the car and hook-up a diagnostic tool that will tell us where the trouble is~ or just buy one for ye self~

2,135

if you ever want to sell that let me know

185

THESE ENGINES ARE MACHINES, MUST BE KEPT UP @ ALL TIMES, CLEAN OIL, AIR AND FUEL FILTERS NEW, 6 MONTHS TO 1 YEAR MAX.... BRAKE FLUID CHANGED EVERY 6 MONTHS, NO STORING THESE CARS FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME, DRIVE THEM, ITS THE BEST THING FOR THEM. OXYGEN SENSOR NEEDS CHANGED YEARLY. THIS BAD GAS WE BUY WITH ETHENAL IS KILLING OUR ENGINES, SCREWING OUR SENSORS, ETC., CHECK OUT SOME ADDITIVES FOR THE GAS AND OIL TO HELP FIGHT THE BULLCRAP BEING SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS. YOU WONDER WHY WE ALL GOT CAR PROBLEMS ??? TAKE A GUESS. BACK IN THE DAY, WE NEVER HAD THESE PROBLEMS. NOW ITS ALL WE HAVE. GOOD LUCK !! HOPE YOUR UP AND RUNNING SOON.

185

HAD SAME PROBLEM, COULD BE ANYTHING. THESE ENGINES NEED KEPT UP ON. FIRST, NEW AIR AND FUEL FILTERS, CLEAN OIL AND NEW FILTER. NEEDED TO REPLACE MY MASS AIR SENSOR. COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT, BUT RAN INTO AN ENGINEER WHOM I DISCRIBED MY SYPTOMS TO, POWER LOSS, NO BOOST, POOR PERFORMANCE, ETC., ETC., FIRST THING OUT OF HIS MOUTH, BET MY PAYCHECK ITS YOUR MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR, HANDSDOWN !!! GUESS WHAT ? HE WAS 100% RIGHT !!!!!!!!! GO FOR IT BROTHER, MY 1987 GN NEVER RAN BETTER, BUT BUY STOCK REPLACEMENT, KIRBAN PERFORMANCE.COM , OR HAVE CARDONE REBUILD IT. WWW.CARDONE.COM ..... DONOT BUY AN AFTERMARKET MAS, THERE GARBAGE, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, ITS BULLSHIT !!!!!GOOD LUCK, HAPPY MOTORING !!!!!!!! KEN