I have a 1987 Raider. The Check EGR light is on at all times. My question is that when I add oil while the engine is running there is positive pressure and the oil blows back out. Is this normal?

Asked by Dec 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM about the 1987 Dodge Raider

40

Reset button behind speedometer. Get drawing from repair garage. Kind of tricky but possible.

25

My EGR light is on also. Did you get yours to go off? If so how did you do it?

40

I don't know if the EGR light is related to the oil blowing back out. The EGR light often has to be reset, similar to a "check engine" light. It is located behind the speedometer and is accessible by removing the screws that hold the instrument cluster in place or its cover. It is kind of difficult to see, but you may get a view by looking through the windshield back to behind the speedometer. Look for a small sliding switch that you can move in one direction or the other, depending on which way it was moved during the previous time the EGR light came on. Ask a garage for a diagram of the rear of the speedometer. They usually have computer programs that have this information. It will be helpful. As I mentioned, it is easy to perform, but just difficult to properly see it and access it. Good luck