opel corsa lite 2006 idles badly and cuts out

70

Asked by Sep 27, 2015 at 07:21 AM about the 2006 Opel Corsa

Hi my opel corsa recently started idling badly, i had the idling set then a few days later after coming over a bridge and slowing down car cut out completely and would not restart. mechanic advised me to replace idling sensor and i did so, car continued to idle low and high and then just cuts out. i took it for diagnostic and it picked up map sensor and tps i replaced both and computer box was cleared. car drove ok for 2days then revs started dropping again. when i drive in a low speed car jerks and revs drop. is there anyone who can help me i even put a new battery in. please help

72,145

Try the temperature sending unit, a common problem, it communicates a lot of info to the computer, controls a lot of things.

72,145

Diagnostics should pick this up...

70

thank you ill try and see if it works, after cutting out car starts up now after giving some petrol but i need to find the source of the problem else ill keep spending money not knowing where the real problem is

70

i had another diagnostic done, picked up no faults i had the temperature switch replaced but condition worsened. was now advised to have the ecu looked at but im so tired of repairing multiple things and in the end its causing more harm and costing me a fortune. just a breakdown, car starts up an idles ok. wen i take off after about 5min the revs start to search and so wen i take my foot off petrol it drops to zero causing the car to swich off. idle sensor replaced, mac sensor replaced, throttle body replaced, new battery and temperature switch replaced, can anyone help me??pls

72,145

It may be frustrating, but all the sensors affect each other in one way or another. If they found something bad, I'm sure it needed to be replaced, but on the other hand, if your mechanic haven't put 2 + 2 together the first or second time, it is time to find some one else.

70

finally found the problem it was my fuel injectors. car has been driving like a dream since repair & thanks for the advice.

20

I have a similar problem. Did your vehicle have the same symptoms JackyR? Opel Corsa lite 1.4. I just done my runs and camshaft. I also changed both sensors on the throttle body. I have no idle and if throttle is open at about 20% the car starts. The accelerator is also very sensitive so revs very high with a little acceleration or smothers. What's the possibility of it being the valve on the fuel accumulator that returns excess fuel?

20

Good day i have a Opel Corsa 2005 C, my problem was the outlet manifold gasket.

My opel corsa 1,3i doesn't start .but when i took out the vacuum brake booster pipe on the intake manifold then start. Can someone help me.