Opel corsa 1.4 cuts out now and then please help

Eloise Oberholzer Nel

Asked by Apr 05, 2014 at 08:09 AM about the 2001 Opel Corsa

Hi my opel corsa 1.4 fuel injection
have some problems. The canbelt
broke and I replaced it aswell as
valves , rockers , tensioner pully,
sceamed the head ext.  After doing it
all the car some times cut out and lose
power after a while it would get right
but then backfires. What can be wrong
is it the computer box cause of
standing without power for 3 days
while I was working on the car or is it
the petrol pump. Please help me!!!

First replace your fuel filter.Then give your entire throttle body a good cleaning. If no change, test your fuel pressure. You may have a bad fuel pressure regulator. Do you smell a strong fuel odor under the hood? You may have a leaky injector. Could be numerous things. Throttle position sensor could also be faulty. If the car had no issues prior to you doing the engine work, carefully inspect all of you vacuum hoses to make sure that they were all hooked back up properly. You may have overlooked something simple.

Hi I am a lady owner had the same problem took it for a diagnostic test and revealed that I had to change my Throttlebody positioning sensor and valve sensor did all that and my problems is a blast from the past. Driving my car as per normal now..... Goodluck guys and go for the test its worth it,

Where is that valve sensor located cos it's a similar problem I have now for a month

Ambros, what year is your Opel?

Good Morning, I have a Corsa Lite 1.3 1998 I'm also having a problem where my car backires and loses power, I have replaced the fuel pump, plugs, fuel filter, relay, as well as plug leeds and also cleaned the throttle body but still the same problem, Please help

TimmyM, is your check engine light on? If so, have you had the error codes read? You have already replaced most of the usual suspect parts. Check these other possibilities: Vacuum leaks (especially the large intake hose that feeds the throttle body), clean the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, check for exhaust leaks, (press hand over exhaust pipe and listen for any hiss noises), check fuel pressure with a gauge. Low pressure will cause a backfire. Post back with results.....good luck!

Thank you, Ive just bought a new idle sensor, there is a small hole on the exhaust the size of a screw

Keep us posted to let us know if the idle sensor and the exhaust repair has fixed the issue. Good luck!