i have an opel corse lite 1.4i 2005 model and i have experienced some starting/switching off problems

Asked by Oct 09, 2013 at 07:55 AM about the 2005 Opel Corsa

Whenever the car has started and drives for a short while it tends to switch off and once it switches off it doesnt want to start again until after leaving it for a while.  my dad had changed the fuel pump thinking that the fuel pump could have been the problem but im still experiencing the same problem.
he also thinks that the anti hi-jack system could be causing the problem.

could anyone advise me on what the problem could be?
i really need to get my car back on the road.

many thanks
Kind regards

19,625

start with the ignition module- check the distributor- when it doesn't start check to see if it's not getting spark or not getting fuel- sounds like spark to me

740

I'm also having a corsa lite1.4l 2007 model and it does the same thing. I have changed the fuel pump relay, bypassed the radiator fan thermostat to improve cooling but there is no improvement. When the engine stalls it would backfire if I try to restart. I wonder if it's misfiring.

290

Hi I am a lady owner and I had the same problem untill I took it for diagnostic test and it revealed that my throttlebody positioning senser and valve sensor was causing all of that. I changed it and now my car is back on the road and not causing any more problem like that! Goodluck with it and take it for a diagnostic test asap!

200

Hi I had the same problem and took it for diagnostic tests,but it turned out to be the coil I had to replace , not sure if the test picks that up or not but my mechanic did.

740

Hi, most auto electricians i visited failed to resolve my problems with the corsa lite. I never took it to mechanics again. On one occasion I went to an opel spares dealership, I explained my problems including the car blowing up the exhaust silencer and that I want to fix it. The counter lady gave me a coil and said that was my problem. After I installed it, it was like magic bcoz the car went back to normal. No overheating, blowing tailpipe, hard starting, stalling engine, bad engine revving, flat spots and so many other symptoms. All just for a coil!

200

Same here Pd,I took it to a few auto elecs first and they wanted me to replace a whole lot of stuff first to check if that might be the problem,then luckily a friend reffered me to a descent mechanic who then told me straight to replace the coil and see what happens,that was 3months ago and after doing that I have not experienced any problems

270

I have a chevrolet corsa 2011 model 1.4, bakkie. My problem it is switching itself off when your stopping.... the egine sound like loosing fuel and some time after drivingng a long distance it idle correctly. sometimes the idling raise itself up.

200

This is a common problem with the corsas. I've had two corsas and they were both switching off after driving a while. It's the ignition relay below the computer box. The computer box is situated under the plastic cover next to the excelerator pedal. The relay contacts are soldered and when the relay heats up and with the movement of the car a dry joint is created. When the relay cools down the solder makes contact again. An easy way to check if this is the cause is when you are stuck and the car won't start, turn the key so that the started swings then at the same time give the plastic panel a couple of kicks to get the relay to make contact. If that is the problem it should start. I found this out because I was constantly getting stuck and this one day I was so p'd off that I actually kicked the car and it started:) You can either remove the relay and resolder the day joint or replace it if you

200

This is a common problem with the corsas. I've had two corsas and they were both switching off after driving a while. It's the ignition relay below the computer box. The computer box is situated under the plastic cover next to the excelerator pedal. The relay contacts are soldered and when the relay heats up and with the movement of the car a dry joint is created. When the relay cools down the solder makes contact again. An easy way to check if this is the cause is when you are stuck and the car won't start, turn the key so that the started swings then at the same time give the plastic panel a couple of kicks to get the relay to make contact. If that is the problem it should start. I found this out because I was constantly getting stuck and this one day I was so p'd off that I actually kicked the car and it started:) You can either remove the relay and resolder the dry joint or replace the relay. If you gonna solder it remove the rubber seal on the bottom of the relay then carefully open up the relay on the sides of the contacts with something sharp. Good luck I hope this helps and saves you a lotta bucks. Post back if it works;)

70

hi it is the crank pulley all of them warn out on the crankshaft and have a play on the pulley interfering with the pickup sensor next to the pulley

80

Hi I have a Opel Cora lite and the problem is that the rear wheel makes a noise,at first my bearing got stuck and I replaced the hub and the drum but it still has that noise.can anyone help me.

110

I have an opel corsa utility 2001 model 1.6.can anyone tell me where the thermostatic switch for the radiator fan is situated?

370

I have an opel corsa lite and it has the same problem. I have changed the fuel pump and cleaned out the Throttle housing and the car runs perfectly. After a few trips, intermittently it back fires, splutters and cuts out. It starts straight after and then it runs perfectly again. Could this be an electrical fault? Coil? Diagnostics?

30

hi dears, if u have any prblm in fuel pump. just dis connect fuel pump electric socket and try it..if u solve tht prblm send me msg

120

Please help me. Corsa bakkie 2005 model. Non start. Id it starts it cuts out. I replaced fuel pump. Fuel filter. Igntion coil. Crank pulley. Plugs. It looses spark and when you crank it, you realise that no spark is coming through.

200

I had the same problem with my corsa lite. It's caused by dry joints on the ignition relay. The car drives and starts fine when the relay is cool but as soon as its warms up the relay the contacts breaks and needs to cool down before it will start again. The relay is located below the computer box under the panel next to the pedals. You can either replace the relay or open it up and solder the joint.

90

Hi all I am having trouble with my corsa lite 1.4 2001 model when accelerating it backfires sometimes and it doesnt have his real power its like something holds him back its more like misfiring and I have replaced the tpc sensor and the idle sensor and the 2 crank puleys and the spark plug leads and still doing the same thing can anyone help me please if they know what it could be

40

Check fuel pump relay just next to the accelerator

40

But remember you need to buy an original fuel pump relay it cost about less than 600 bucks you can install it you self

80

My opel corsa1.4 whenever clutching trying to stop it's sometimes switches off and it's frustrating...pls guys help a lady

60

Hi I have a corsa lite 1.4 2007 model, when am driving it all ways increases the Revs count from 1 untill 3 please help what's the problem whit it?

20

Hi l have a corsa utility bakkie 2008 l have a idling problem just started this morning the bakkie drive but it's not idling

10

Hi you could always check the crank pulley again.Sometimes the key way on the crank wears out on the left side of the key way and this is not noticeable when focusing on the sprocket key properly check that the keyway is not worn on the left side even a milimeter of wear can cause new sprockets to wear out faster than you can think.when the key on the sprocket wears out it causes alot of movement inside the keyway which causes this kind of a problem.This situation can cause hard starting problems high fuel consumption loss off power sometimes it doesn not start at all i had a situation where i was forced to replace the crankshaft and sprocket with a new pulley because of a worn key way on the crank.

10

Common problems for idling problem can be caused by a blocked gallery inside the trhottle where the idle valve is mounted.on corsa's alot of dirt tends to get stuck at the idlevalve gallery this can be easily cleaned with some carburettor cleaner while the vehicle is off.

30

I have corsa 13 car cranks over but does not start it is getting feul,there is spark on all plugs crack senor is fine I have replaced crankshaft pully but still does not want to start I did the motor over but it was not starting even before I had done the motor

30

Hi all i have a opel corsa 1.4 bakkie the engine just went dead now it don't want to start what can the probleme be?

30

The engine sounds like if its turning but don't want to start

20

Hi i have opel corsa 200model when im driving it just switch off and when i switch on it just switch on very fast and doing this when i'm driving slowly can someone help me plz

20

Its 2005model