I am selling my 1982 Nissan 280 ZX, the young man that is it came today to start it and take it for a spin around the area that I live in. The car started but I could not get it into gear. The clutch was fully engaged and still it would not go into any gear. Is the transmission ruined or can it be repaired? The car has been sitting for a year, after my husband passed away. Please help.

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 02:28 PM about the 1982 Nissan 280ZX

109,985

Probably just low on fluid or slave cylinder issue. Transmition is probably fine I would think.

97,095

The transmission is not ruined. Age will not damage it. It sounds like the car has a leak in the hydraulic system that moves the pressure plate on the clutch. Check the fluid level in the reservoir. If it's low, fill it with brake fluid. --- To prepare the car for sale, have all the fluids checked. Have the oil changed. Have someone detail the car inside and out. Make it look like new. Find the value and stay firm on the price. Start it up and move it once a month.