I have a 1982 280ZX non turbo. My car cuts off after 15 minutes of running. If i wait 15 minutes it starts right up and runs like a champ again.

Asked by Sep 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM about the 1982 Nissan 280ZX

I've changed distributors, I've changes Ignition coil I've gotten new cables but nothing seems to work.  I've recently tried changing the fuel pump since no gas it getting to the engine during this time.  I've run out of options.  Again it run greats but cuts off after 15 minutes or so.

62,165

May check the fuel relay,but i think you may need to check that new fuel pump,some time,s you get a bad aftermarket one right off the bat.

52,025

Did you change the fuel filter? Did you check for spark at the engine? Also take a look at the check valve at the fuel pump. If they get stuck closed then you won't get any fuel.