I am interested in a 1986 Chevrolet El Camino but it has 121,265 miles. I've never purchased a car before and I only have general info on cars. What is the situation with this. Is this too many? Is this normal or fine? Does this mean the car could break down at any moment and need to be taken to the shop?

Asked by May 15, 2018 at 09:45 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet El Camino

The owner say that it has very low miles and it is an old car so I amm not
quite sure what this means.

172,825

That is low miles for the age of the car but it still is 121,000 miles. Do have a shop check it out before buying. even brand new cars break down and this one is 32 years old. If you fully sort out the car it can be as reliable as any new car.

Inherited 87 elky with 97,226, runs great, but there are things that will need replacing. My dad took great care, I've had it since 12/17 & only replaced fuel pump, tires & pwr brake assist. Just turned my 1st 3,000 miles, oil chg, and had a tune up! Runs great!!!

15

RUST!!!!!!!!!!! The G body el caminos where rust buckets