I replaced the distributor in my 95 Probe GT 2.5l v6 and no matter how I rotate the distributor, the car runs the same. I have jumped the GND and 10 connector.

Asked by May 03, 2013 at 06:18 PM about the 1995 Ford Probe GT

Trying to adjust the timing after replacing the distributor. The car idles okay, not great,
OBDII code says random misfire and 27 degree spark. It should be 9-10. I jump the GND
and 10 pins in the diagnostic box and rotate the distributor with no change in the idle at
all. Car is warmed up, idle is okay, but high.

sound like your distributor got stuck back in one tooth off~

You must put it firing on one, the camshaft firing on one, and the crank position firing on one...then bolt -er down~

OBD won't know whatinahell is going on until these things are put right~

once you get 'er runnin' idling right we can jump the diagnostic and set the number of degrees TDC it is normally seven (with diagnostic jumpered)~ Think this has a vacuum advance on the distributor which must be golf-teed as well~

Best Answer