No Injectior pulse 1991 firedbird

Asked by May 24, 2016 at 02:30 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Firebird Base

I have a 1991 pontiac firebird .31. auto  fuel injected .I get spark , fuel to the
fuel rail . ecm tested good . I get power to all the injectors  but no pulse ? I can
spray it with fuel and it it starts but stops once fuel burnt out . Any ideas ?

4,955

Where are you spraying the fuel? Into the air intake? If so, the problem may still be your injectors. Air and fuel need to mix to support ignition. Sounds like you may be adding fuel to the air feed and it is not "pulsing" through your injectors. With a 25 year old car, you may need injectors or the electronics that "pulse" them (not just voltage to the injector units).

Yes spraying fuel in to intake . I hook a test light to the injectors crank car and the light dont flash .I think i may have found the problem . The pickup coil looks to be coming apart ..... I been told By one person that these don't have crank sensors and others say they do . They sell one for the car but i can not find it anywhere ?