How do you replace only the sunroof glass in a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire? I bought a replacement glass but need to know how to change it out.

20

Asked by Jun 06, 2012 at 05:26 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe

Sunroof glass is broken and I bought a replacement glass. I need to know how to change it out and wanted good advice before I started something that I haven't done before.

20

I got a real simple explanation on how to change out my sun roof glass from Todd Pucco. Open the interior sun shade as far back as it will go. On each side of the sun roof are 3 star head screws, 2 of which are more towards the front of the glass and one at the rear of the glass. If I remember correctly it is the T-20 star tip. Take the 6 screws out, (3 on each side) and the glass will lift right out. Clean the area well and replace the new glass into the sun roof. Replace the screws just snug, don't over tighten them because they will strip out. and that is all there is to replacing the broken glass. A 15 minute job at the most... (You don't have to worry about getting the glass in backwards because it will only go one way for the screws to line up properly).