alarm on my 2001 pontiac firebird, disarm button doesnt work, setting does

5

Asked by Jan 23, 2016 at 03:44 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

my dis arm button dosnt work, my set alarm does;  i have to open the car and
put the key in the ignition and turn and it turns off alarm.  also why does my
alarm light on my dashboard blink twice in a row everytime when it used to
blink once.  thank you

1,335

Coud be a lot of things and its called the VATS Alarm system I'm usually it'll blink twice if there's been an intrusion but if you look in your glove box manual it'll give you information on what it does and how to reset it you can actually set it to do different things but look in your glove box manual if not then you might have a hardware issue were one of the sensors is damaged and you might have to get it fixed it's hard to tell but could be some of those things.

Best Answer Mark helpful
5

Thank you very much. I'm glad i still have the book. very helpful. My car stalls once in a while when i take my foot off the accelerator and decelerate some times as its stalling i hit the gas and my car sputters back and forth and sometimes does not stall.. I could be going 70 or 5 mph. I had it tuned up and checked yesterday and the mechanic couldn't find a thing. it still stalls periodically. Any suggestions? I had a new fuel pump put in 4 years ago.

1,335

Well during the tune up did they clean out your EGR valve your throttle body & your MAF sensor "mass air flow" if they didn't clean those three areas it could result in the acceleration being funky other than that you might have a throttle position sensor going bad but I would have them clean up on the throttle body EGR valve and clean the MAF sensor and see what happens?

5

Thank you! You are the man.

1,335

Why I'm not sure I helped you because you still have to do those things because even if you do those things that might not solve the problem so I'm just giving advice here I'm not definite on anything just to let you know its just things you do with a thorough tune up and hopefully It gets rid of the problem if it doesn't then you have to spend more money right.

5

i just appreciate you giving me a direction to go in. Thanks again

1,335

Your welcome , no problem , I know how much of a pain in the ass auto repair is so if I can help make someone feel better all the better huh!