how do I fix a security system problem?

Asked by Feb 17, 2015 at 08:44 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Aztek STD AWD

215

from my past experiences i found that it will re set the security system if you disconnect the positive battery cable for a few minutes. but that may not be the case here. is your cars security engaged causing it to not start? if so, this should fix your problem

I was told "It started with the doors locking and unlocking by itself then the dash lights started blinking all the time and then the day we parked it the horn would honk by itself. After we parked it we tried starting it a few times. The first time or two it did start then it wouldn't do anything. My dad's friend quoted 1200 to fix it." Does this sound like something that would be fixed with this technique?

215

possibly but most likely not. it sounds more like a wiring problem or something else, im not a master mechanic, i just know basic stuff and some advanced techniques. i would still try unhooking the battery cables for 10-15 minutes just to be sure, but your problem is most likely more sophisticated than that.

Best Answer

I will disconnect the positive cable to see if it stops the security light frm turning on