Anti theft

10

Asked by Sep 10, 2016 at 03:02 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe

Replaced key and ignition but still no luck
with the 45 min thing

263,885

Time to call a locksmith.

10

Does not flash just stays on I dot it running awhile ago but the key was sticky so the sequence was hard to do

10

Does not flash just stays on I dot it running awhile ago but the key was sticky so the sequence was hard to do . cuz it was sticky and you couldn't turn it half the time

10

Thanks but can't afford that right now I'll just keep trying it ran when I went out of town for five weeks and came back to this starter is good alt is good and battery is charged so oh well keep trying

10

Yea I've at for 3 hours what's a lot more I still got beer lol

72,395

Don't waste your time with the relearn procedure. It won't work in your situation! You need to have the new keys programmed to the car using a scan tool. This can only be done at a GM dealer or a locksmith! The security light should NOT stay on once a new key is successfully programmed to the car. With your security system you MUST have a working key to program additional (new) keys to the car. In you're situation you're going to the dealer or a locksmith. HTH. -Jim

72,395

Ok, Up, what's the year, make, and model of your car? GM has used several computerized security systems over the past twenty years. This is a PASSKEY system. You're the one who's mistaken. The mythical "relearn procedure" will only work under very specific circumstances. This situation is not one of them! -Jim

10

I got a buddy that says he can reprogram the system with his scanner so I'll call him this week

72,395

Sounds good! Please keep us posted! -Jim

72,395

Looks like that gizmo works on the VATS system. Not PASSKEY. It talks about the PASSKEY system and shows the transponder keys associated with the system. Common sense tells us that if you can use the relearn procedure in any situation, the security system would be useless. Anyone could steal a car, buy a lock cylinder with the transponder key and in 30 minutes or less program it to the stolen vehicle. Even with the older VATS system there is a relearn procedure. But again it only works under very specific circumstances! Perhaps the gizmo bypasses the PASSKEY system, I don't know. If it does there are probably measures in place, such as providing proof of ownership, etc. This would make it far too easy for crooks to steal cars. Think about it for a moment. Would you install a security system on your home then put a sign on your door with the pass code? I wouldn't. That'd be pretty silly! HTH. -Jim