What types of computer chips would go good with a 2006 pontiac g6 gt with K&N intake and a Magnaflow exhaust?

Asked by Jul 03, 2012 at 02:51 AM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Ive been lookin around at different ones, and im wondering which one would gain the most hp/tq. also is there any aftermarket computers made for them, or a tune more specifically

to start id ditch the K&N because its probably causing a bunch of heat soak and gaining you no power. then id look into buying a real cold air intake and not a hot air intake. (have you been monitoring your IATs?) after that id take the car to a pro shop for a tune. buying a "chip" or dong anything less than a pro tune is just wasting money imo. you get half the performance for nearly the same price.

It hasnt caused power loss, but i have looked into a vailant cold air (not sure thats how you spell it tho). its got the filter completely closed in a box. but it was an extra 150 dollars compared to the K&N

The Volant isn't bad but the tube still creates heat soak after sitting for a bit. Look for an over the radiator cai. (otrcai)

Do you know of any good web sites for any of these? On a second note, Where could i find a strut tower bar?

I don't know a whole lot about the g6 so I can't help you with product specific sites. I'm basing my knowledge off of the tuning I've done in regards to mostly my gto. A little from my camaros and my 300C as well. My best siggwstion is to start browsing g6 specific forums and ditch this site for the most part. Most model specific forums have private vendors that specialize in parts for that vehicle. They are hard places to find just by a google search but easy to find with forum sponsors. Good luck though. My best suggestion though...ditch that v6 and get a v8 model car...many more mods are much more performance. Plus with new technology the fuel economy isn't bad at all. I'm cruising 55 mph at 29 mpg in my gto....

id like to ditch it for a v8 but im stuck with it, its already paid off too. btw them gtos are pretty sweet rides