98 Plymouth voyager won't start.

Asked by Jan 27, 2015 at 05:43 PM about the 1998 Plymouth Voyager SE

Last week I was driving and stopped at a stop sign and my van shut off. We have tried
the starter and it won't kick out. The machine at the auto place the starter kicks out.
When I turn my key it just clicks and yes the battery is full and the relay fuses are
connecting and it sounds like everything is good except the fact it just won't start. What
else can I do?

Here's a simple test to see if it's a bad starter. Jack up the vehicle. Locate the starter. Have some turn the key to the ON position like they are starting the vehicle and hold it there. As they hold the key to the ON position, rap the starter with a hammer or a heavy ratchet. If the vehicle suddenly turns over, you have a bad starter. Even if your starter is bad, that would not have caused your van to stall out. If your check engine light is on, I would bring it to an Autozone and have the error codes read. Otherwise, you will be spending money on guessing which part is faulty. Post back with codes or if no codes, let us know.

Allison Charleston

Mine did the same thing. It was my timing belt. Now it runs great!