92 300zx dome light

15

Asked by Sep 19, 2010 at 06:30 PM about the 1992 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

My dome light was replaced with a new bulb. At first the worked correctly when the doors opened. Now it does not. Also, when the light did work when the doors were open, the light did not work when the doors were closed, when I manually moved the switch. what is the deal??

165

HI there, I have a 1990 300zx which is basically the same as your 92. It could be a few things that is wrong. First, if it is not working at all now, check your fuse, it could be possible being that you recently put a new bulb that it blew out the fuse. If the fuse is fine, then the new bulb you bought could have already blown out or be defective, make sure you bought the exact same bulb as your original one, if you still have the original one check the number on the bulb, or look up the number in your owners manual if you have it. You need to use the exact precise one bulb for there, otherwise it will not work properly. If you leave the switch set to door, the lights should come on when your doors open and turn off when you shut the door. Another thing it can be too is the little button on your jam that is released when you open the door and turns the lights on, and is pressed in when you shut the door to turn the lights off, your button might be stuck or not working properly, so check that as well. Try opening the passenger door to see if the light works. Good luck!

I have a 1995 300zx with a dome lite problem. When i open the door the floor lights go on and shutoff when the door is closed, but not the dome light. When I move the dome lite switch to the on position it works but not in the door position. I was told to replace the room lamp relay. When I looked in my maintenance manual it said it was behind the drivers door on the trunk side. Took everything apart and found only the fuel pump pump control module. Next Nissan told me to look under the drivers seat, removed the seat, nothing there?? Does anybody have any ideas??? Nissan seem to have a problem helping??