How to disable the security alarm

Maxima1995
0

Asked by Jan 07, 2009 at 09:51 PM about the 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE

My Car's remote is not working, one day it was locked and I opened with key and its alarm is on, then I unplugged the battery to stop the alarm. It's been a week. I can use my car untill I disable the alarm.

Does any one know how to disable the alarm.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
mkr

William Mitchell Dalla Rosa
135

Have you tried starting the car when the alarm is going off? Mine was set off like the same way, and couldn't figure out, and by the time I was going to try and start the car to see if it would go off then, it went off.....what a coincidence. LOL! You may try locking your doors and using the key when you unlock them. It should disarm the alarm. Well, it does on the newer ones, like mine.

tahiti
260

You can disable the alarm (which is the horn) by opening the hood, on the left front side is a box and there are plugs marked horn 1 and horn2, pull both of them out. I have a 97 maxima and the alarms kept going off randomly when the car was locked and parked. Or you can NOT lock your car.

rtriel
505

disconnect the battery lock the door connect the battery unlock the door using your key start the car that's it

Princess Ylda Cadely
330

I would like to disable allarm on my nissan maxima 1997

lindale778
100

Try this, first make sure the battery is disconnected. Then turn the ignition to the run position. Then reconnect the battery. that should work.

Errol Byam
190

This is an old trick. When the alarm goes off, put the key into the keyhole on the drivers door and turn it. This works everytime.

sugartangerine
30

Rtriel and Errol are right! We tried it and it worked the first time. Like they said, just disconnect the battery, lock all the doors. Connect the battery and when the alarm goes off, use the key to unlock the driver's side door. Voila!

Renee Yano
190

95 nissan maxima lost keys new ign assy car cranks but dont start is it possible to recde ign my self

Kimberly Mays
200

I dont have the key to the door but i got it for the ign but my car wont start what do i do

Kionne Carter
40

Thts my problem any suggestions

raddbrad
110

None of these solutions work for me. My ignition is locked out, and the car will not start. Normally, when you lock the vehicle, the dash security light blinks. When I lock my vehicle, the security light does not blink until I unlock and open the door. That sets off the alarm and the security light starts blinking. When I disconnect the battery, the alarm stops. When I reconnect the battery, the alarm does not start until I open a door OR when I turn the trunk lock ( but not open the trunk) .

Soksan Chhim
10

Radbrad disconnect the battery take out the horn fuse then connect the battery it should work I had the same problem. This resets the alarm. Hope it works. You can then put the horn fuse back but if it goes off when you put it back then there's something wrong with your alarm.

Ruthy Marie
150

My drivers side lock is messed up, so I called triple aaa to unlock my door and that's what set off my alarm, what can I do to deactivate my factory alarm?

Ruthy Marie
150

My drivers side lock is messed up, so I called triple aaa to unlock my door and that's what set off my alarm, what can I do to deactivate my factory alarm? My car is a 4 door honda accord 2004

MSC1
10

Disconnect battery , take out anti-theft fuse on the passenger side fuse block, take off the driver side door panel, then reach in the door añd take off the 2 nuts , holdiñg the door handle on. Take the door cylinder out,take the tumblers out of the lock cylinder. Put the cylinder back together. Put it back in the door and reassemble the lock and handle. Put the door cover back on,with the switches. Put anti-theft fuse back in, reconnect the battery unlock the car door ,put key in ignitioñ and car should start and alarm should not come on.

Alexis Torres
30

What if the key lock on the driver's side door is broken and u can't turn the key in the door? Then what do you do?

Wylden Freeborne
0

Remove negative battery terminal, turn key and hold in start position and have someone replace the negative terminal. Just worked in a 1998 Nissan Altima GLE!

raddbrad
110

@Wylden: Holding the cable while the starter is engaged sounds like a good job for the wifey .She gets an instant perm. *o*